WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Sequence Identification Routines?

From: "Jeff Williams @ Aspect" <jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:00:21 -0500

Nick,

You might be interested in the paper at
http;//razor.bindview.com/publish/papers/tcpseq.html. They analyzed the
randomness of tcp sequence numbers and represented the results
graphically. Of course, this won't actually predict a value, just helps
you understand how difficult it would be to predict a value.  Generally,
this is good enough.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, CEO
jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com