WebApp Sec mailing list archives

OWASP Security RUP Plug-in and Java App Server Security Config Guides

From: Mark Curphey <mark () curphey com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:56:02 -0800 (PST)

The open web application security project is going
to start two new projects in 2003 and we are looking
for volunteers who can start work on material
immediately. Both are documentation projects, but
are somewhat different from current projects in
flight or nearing release.

Security Plug-in to the RUP – The first will be a
security plug-in to the Rational Unified Process.
This project will gather best practices in process
and technology and encapsulate them into a RUP plug-
in with templates and other artifacts which will
submitted to the RUP Exchange. This plugin will
focus on Web Application and Web Services Security
only.  If you are interested in working on this
project (which is likely to be sponsored in some
fashion so the team can meet in person) and have
experience of the RUP then please send us an email
with a basic bio.

Java Application Server Security Configuration
Guides – I have about 50% of an Apache Tomcat guide
now completed and we are planning to release and
maintain security config guides for Tomcat, WebLogic
and WebSphere at some point next year. If you are
interested in writing content for any of the
platforms then again please drop us a line with a
basic bio.

Thanks

Mark

PS Rumor has it a technology preview (alpha) of the
WebScarab proxy will be out real real soon ;-)