WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Prevent security bypass

From: Scott Mulcahy <scottcm () usa net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:22:00 -0600

Another simple solution that has less impact to current applications is to
associate the .INC extension with asp.dll.  You can do this by going to
Properties of the web site, selecting the Home Directory tab, under
Application Settings click the Configuration button.  The first tab is App
Mappings.  You'll need to Add a new mapping.  I'd suggest using All Verbs.

This has the same impact as using .ASP for include files but allows developers
to use the more intuitive .INC extension.  It also prevents having to go back
through all your code to replace .INC with .ASP.

Good luck,
Scott