WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Security Assessment on J2EE Environments

From: Iggeres Bet <iggeres () yahoo es>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 05:02:03 +0100 (CET)

 --- "Jeff Williams @ Aspect"
<jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com> wrote:

You might start with the information in the OWASP
"top ten" paper.

Yes, we are using the OWASP document too.

Also, it sounds like you are focusing on an external
penetration test.

We are doing a mix between an external penetration
test and doing a security code review. Formally
speaking we are seeing the code and showing the
insecurities within.
(The code is really big!)

There's nothing magical about J2EE security. Most
J2EE applications
contain security holes.

Yes, I think there is not something magical "per se"
but if the development team is good and knows where to
put all the screws, the final product has better
security quality than any normal enterprise product.

Thank You All
Iggeres

--Jeff

Jeff Williams