WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Metis 2.1 released

From: "Sacha Faust" <sacha () severus org>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:10:49 -0500

Metis 2.1 is now available from : http://www.severus.org/sacha/metis

Information
-----------
This is a tool I wrote to collect information from web servers. This was
written for the Open Source Security Testing Methodology (OSSTM)
located on http://www.ideahamster.org/osstmm-description.htm.

If you get OutOfMemory errors, it means that the site you are scanning
is quite big and you need to
grow the heap size by using the -Xms<size> option. By default, the
metis.bat will set it to 150.

Please read the user documentation in the doc directory.

Changes
--------

[ Changes in version 2.1   - 03-22-2003 ]
- added support for custom login handler
- added support for keyword search
- bug fix

Upcomming features
-------------------------
- Distributed Spidering across multiple systems
- Full DOM and javascript implementation (almost done)
- Better data search capabilities
- XML Report

If you wish to contribute to this project, e-mail me at
sacha () severus org.

Requirements for compiling

- HttpClient : http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
        You need to replace the
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod class
        with the one supplided with the source of this program.
- Sun JDK 1.4.0 or higher: http://java.sun.com

Sacha Faust
sacha () severus org