WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Detecting cross-site scripting attacks

From: "Vinny Bedus" <vbedus () bitchangers com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:00:24 -0400

Cedar,
The problem that you would have with checking for the HTML is that you
might have a text area where you allow the user to enter in text
content.  You would then be blocking the users from doing that.

Also, depending on how you are checking, XML posts might be a problem.

If you don't allow this type of access on your site, then it should not
be a problem.

Vinny
http://www.BitChangers.com/