WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [ANNOUNCE] mod_security 1.5 released

From: Ivan Ristic <ivanr () webkreator com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:01:16 +0100

r e m a l . c o m wrote:
hi, the features are wonderful...
i installed the mod on one of the web servers, before the installion the
load avrg was 1 to 2
after installing mod_security, the load went crazy to something like 40 to
60 !

  Assuming it isn't a bug of some kind, you have to be careful
  with filters, especially if there are large POST payloads being
  transmitted.

  How many requests are you serving per second? Also, you should
  check whether you are still logging debug info, there is a *lot*
  of logging going on. That alone could bring your web server down
  to a crawl.

  To turn off debug logging simply comment the "SecFilterDebugLog"
  and "SecFilterDebugLevel" directives.

  Why don't you send me your configuration to my email address (or
  even better, to mod-security-users () lists sourceforge net) and we
  will take it from there?

Bye,
Ivan