WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: View and edit hidden HTML form fields (fwd)

From: "Tim Greer" <chatmaster () charter net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:01:37 -0700

No doubt it looks slick. I've not attempted to run it (don't really have any
need nor desire to). Though for desktop use, sure this would be a better
solution. I'm not sure what you mean by "those who use LWP and regex"
though? LWP is a Perl module and regex is short for "regular expression".
I.e., s/<input[\s\n]+type\s*=[\s\n]*hidden[\s]+/<input type=text/igs; It
would automatically transform hidden tags to text fields for every page. It
would operate and look the same and any things that require a referer could
be easily modified to work.

I.e. surf with hidden tags shown as text fields. The script's wouldn't and
couldn't know the difference. In other words, you could put it on a web site
(or tun it locally--yes, if you had Perl and the LWP module installed
locally) and surf such as that. Anyway, it's a trivial matter anyway. If a
script is vulnerable to such things, it's pretty much a target that will get
hit anyway. I suppose this tool, or the Perl solution (this would be about 4
lines or so of code, is why I mentioned it) would provide a bored person
with a few minutes of fun. :-)
--
Regards,
Tim Greer  chatmaster () charter net