WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: How to prevent Internet Explorer from locally caching pages

From: Rory <nazgul () csn ul ie>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 07:12:23 +0100 (IST)

I have tried all these methods and have seen explorer miss then from time
to time. One problem is that if the page is over 64K the no-cache
directive is ignored. These is a way around this that is guaranteed to
work. Append the current time to the end of the url ts=<currenttime>. This
ts can be ignored by you but it makes the client think that it is
reloading a new page everytime so it will never check the cache.

hope this helps,
Rory