WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Client script access to server cert info

From: "Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg)" <rdawes () deloitte co za>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:52:29 +0200

It's an interesting idea. I guess the objective is to prevent other sites
from masquerading as your own, by acting as a proxy?

I like the concept, but implementation may be difficult. Obviously
mallory.com is in a position to change any script that you send through it,
and could either replace those script fragments in line, or filter them out
completely.

If it were to change in an unpredictable manner, and quite frequently, it
could be possible to make life difficult for them, though . . .

Rogan