WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Execution of Javascript from PERL

From: EEshwar <eeshwarf () indiatimes com>
Date: 17 Apr 2003 10:53:06 -0000

Hi,

We are developing a tool in PERL to analyze vulnerabilities like Cross-
site scripting etc. in web applications. This tool submits requests to a
web application, receives the response, fills up some of the form
parameters with XSS vulnerable strings and submits a request back to the
application. We are able to this without any problem. However if the
received response contains some javascript code meant to be executed in a
browser (for dynamically setting the values of parameters to be posted
etc.), we are unable to do a complete analysis. Do we have any modules in
PERL or any way to solve this problem?

Regards,
Eeshwar