WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Web app based on .net - best practice?

From: "TUER, DON" <don.tuer () cgi com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:15:06 -0400

Hi Mads:

Web Tier - only have web server in this tier. Build a proxy component
that sends all requests to application tier. Use SAOP as the transport
which allows for better firewall security.

Application Tier - authenticate the user in this tier and pass back an
authentication ticket to the web tier who then renders the page if it's
an authenticated user.

A good place to start is Microsoft's report "Building Secure ASP.NET
Applications: Authentication, Authorization, and Secure Communication"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetse
c/html/secnetlpMSDN.asp?frame=true

Thanks

Don