WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Flash sites

From: RSnake <rsnake () shocking com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:47:48 -0700 (PDT)

        Safest from the server's perspective?  Probably.... Like an image it is
just a binary, and is not interpreded by the webserver in any way.  Safe for
the person running it?  That's debatable.  Unlike an image it is actually
executed by the client, so it is possible that a MITM attack could introduce
malicious code in the binary in transit to do things that was not inititally
intended, which is made easier by the fact the binary is static.  However, you
could do the same things with HTML/Java/Javascript/VB script, so again, it's
debatable.  For your auditing purposes, yes, it's probably completely safe.