WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: ISAPI Mappings on IIS?

From: "Mark G. Spencer" <mspencer () evidentdata com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:08:23 -0800

Hi Jeffory,

I sure did .. I built a test Win2K Professional machine running IIS 5.0.

I get false positives on the ISAPI filters with both Kavado ScanDo and Nikto.  There are no ISAPI mappings set, period.

Unfortunately I'm not much of a coder, so I don't know exactly how the detection stuff works and why the false
positives are being generated.

Mark