WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Security and Development Best Practice Guidelines for .NET Framework

From: Mark Curphey <mark () curphey com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:54:38 -0400 (EST)

I am assuming you have seen what I think is one of the best guides to building secure web apps out there?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/ThreatCounter.asp

If you haven't take a look. Its .NET focused but there is a lot of very good big picture stuff such as threat modeling
and design that relevant to any technology.

Cheers

Mark

---- Curt Purdy <purdy () tecman com> wrote:
I am aware of the different guidelines that have been issued
by Microsoft
and @stake has performed an independent evaluation of the
.NET Framework

I don't know how you can call the @stake evaluation "indedpendent" when they
have been bought and paid for by Microsoft to the point that they fire their
CTO after he wrote a truly independent paper, "Cyberinsecurity: The Cost of
Monopoly".

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke