WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Requesting help with WebAppSec Game Development

From: Joe McCray <joe () rootwars org>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:45:05 -0400

Hey guys,

I've been a service exploitation kinda guy for a while now and I compete in a
lot of hacking competitions, and this year at Def Con's capture the flag
competition we had to complete the first 10 levels of ngsec.com's web
authentication game just to qualify for the game. The game was almost
completely web app based, and it was a lot of fun.

Basically what I'm emailing the list for is because I'd like to have something
like the Webgoat server on www.rootwars.org so people can use it as a tool for
learning webappsec. It's an area of computer security that we don't focus on
yet, and I can see that it is important and will only become more critical as
time goes on.

This is just one of the many things that we would like to work toward having at
rootwars.org, and would love to have more people help out. Please contact me
at: joe () rootwars org if you are interested

Joe McCray
joe () rootwars org
http://www.rootwars.org
Hacking Games   Hands-on Courses   HackLab Access