WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Innocent Code Prize for Best Post on WebAppSec

From: Mark Curphey <mark () curphey com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:18:45 -0500 (EST)

A long time contributor to this list and OWASP, Sverre Huseby has recently put his vast knowledge into print in a book
called "Innocent Code : A Security Wake-Up Call for Web Programmers". It’s an excellent book and really fills a gap
where many of the other web security books don’t go IMHO.

I am glad to say Sverre has personally decided to donate a book a week for the next month to the best post on this list
to give something back (and I am sure sell a few more books in the meantime).  I think it’s a great idea to promote
quality posts on the list that we can all learn from. If it’s a success we may do more of this in the future.

Here is the way he will be judging who to award the weeks prize to.

<sverre>
I'll be looking for any kind of transfer of important knowledge.  It need not be anything new; it could for instance be
a well-written reply to a frequently asked question.  It need not be long either, but if several posts appear as good
candidates, the ones with most work behind them are more likely to win.

Any announced white papers will also be considered, but if there are multiple authors to a winning white paper, only
one of them will receive a book (in that case I'll try to figure out who the lead author is).  Announced applications
will not be part of the game.

If no good candidates are found during a week, I'll give the book to someone who has contributed in the past.
</sverre>

At the end of each week Sverre will post the winner to the list with some commentary.

So get posting !!!

Mark

PS You can find the book on Amazon here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0470857447/qid=1076947598//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-1910784-1476766?v=glance&s=books&n=507846