WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Single terminal login

From: "Michael Silk" <silkm () hushmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:07:13 -0800

Steve,

 An idea comes to mind ...

 I don't know what language you're using, but in java
 or .net it is easy to implement a static list of all
 the current "logged in" users.

 You can, at "logging in" point, create a "user" type object,
 with "lastActivity" field, add it to the list, and update
 this object, not a database or LDAP, with the time of access.

 You can then also have a server thread that sits in the
 background "logging out" these objects after some time period.

 The time period will be easy to figure out based on the type
 of application you use.

-- Michael