WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: xxs problem

From: "Michael Silk" <silkm () hushmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:11:07 -0800

Actually, thanks not right.

alert(document.cookie) is fine, and also
(another poster said) that you required
the ";", that should be fine as well.

it seems, from your other post: "xss typo"
or similar, that your app translated "<"
into "& l t ;" which means its not vulnerable
to this type of xss

however there are other forms that don't require
the usage of "<" and ">" (such as accepting an
img src from the user, etc) so attempt to remove
usage of the "javascript" text also.