WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Authenticating a web server

From: Steve Suehring <csec-nospam () braingia org>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:45:13 -0600

The verisign "seal" that you see on the web page has really nothing to do
with the web site security.  That's just marketing spaf to make one "feel"
safer.  The certificate presented to your browser is the key.

For more information on digital certificates, see:
See http://www.thawte.com/guides/

Steve