WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Administrivia

From: "Mark Curphey" <mark () curphey com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:26:32 -0500

It always happens.....you let one post through that says they like vendor
product X and within 30 mins you get a flame war started with obvious
competitors hiding behind Hushmail addresses saying I tested them all and
technology Y is ten times better. I should have been more diligent filtering
posts.

Let me figure out a way that we can allow vendor discussions on the list
without this degenerating into flame wars and marketing campaigns and the
majority of people getting turned off.

One idea that a few people have suggested in the past was for OWASP to run
an independent and openly published benchmarking test and publish the
results. I think OWASP is game if the vendors are please contact me. Well
get it going.

Until then please don't post I love Tech X until we figure out a way for
this kind of discussion to be productive!