WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Sanctum Patent Thread

From: "lakewood1 () copper net" <lakewood1 () copper net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:50:15 -0800

Hi Mark,

There should be a list for legal issues that includes security-related issues. Then other lists can register to be notified of significant-to-general postings on that list. The legal list will be quite big but this will
focus and coordinate such issues.

The main advantage is that other lists, like this one, that are affected by parallel issues will have notice and can act accordingly. An additional level of complexity but one that can publish significant
notices.

Regards!

-Thomas Clark

Mark Curphey wrote:

Guys,
This is clearly a really important issue for the web security industry and
the people that subscribe to this list. However (and correct me if I am wrong here) we are in danger of venturing into topics that are more related to patent law and speculation than web security issues.
I am going to close this thread down mid-night Monday unless of-course your
post adds significant new value.
Hopefully there will be a good summary post between now and then and someone proposes a good plan of action for the
concerned community !

Mark