WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Code Cracking in Java

From: "Maxim Kostioukov" <maxim () francoudi com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:33:01 +0300

-----Original Message-----
From: Chitresh Sen [mailto:chitresh_sen () yahoo com]
my finding help them to develop a strong
business case to convince top management for discarding the
product.

The management was given misleading interpretation in support for discarding the product - the vulns have nothing
to do with Java, but with business logic distribution between client & server (which is irrelevant to any program
language).

As others pointed out, this could be fixed easily enough... Additionally, input check on server side is not supposed to
affect
performance; from my experience, this is not an issue.