WebApp Sec mailing list archives

SSL v2/v3 configuration

From: Gareth Bromley <gbromley () intstar com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:28:24 +0100 (BST)

As subject:

Got myself stumped the other day when looking at a clients configuration
for a SSL webserver (on IIS) and noticed they accepted SSLv2 requests. For
the life of me I couldn't figure out how to correct this behaviour (both
IIS5 and IIS6), and wondered if anyone had good pointers to how to do this
(so I am able to create suitable guidelines for this).

Of course this got me thinking, what about other webservers e.g. Netscape
/iPlanet, etc which also may not be so well documented. Is anyone aware of
any good links detailing sensible configuration for most common web
serving platforms?

Regards

Gareth