WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Change to Charter

From: "Mark Curphey" <mark () curphey com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 22:46:45 -0400

I guess letting people know about SiteDigger last week didn't please
everyone (well the same one person according to my lexical analysis program
!) and some pretty harsh words of complaint to securityfocus followed. So
the folks at SecurityFocus have suggested we modify the charter to include
closed source free tools as well (and hopefully the petty personal vendetta
will go away).

This is fine with me so unless I hear any objections within the next two
weeks we will update the lists charter. That means closed and open source
"free tools" and doesn't mean commercial tools.

Note: For future reference please read the charter about how to resolve
conflicts about list moderation if you ever have any. I am thankful that I
get far more emails from people who enjoy webappsec and OWASP and only a few
a year like this but just so you know.

Mahalo from Hawaii !