WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Announce: Athena v1.0

From: <athena () buyukada co uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:06:15 +0100 (BST)

Athena is a search engine query tool for passive information gathering. It
uses a semi-compatible configuration format to Foundstone's SiteDigger to
query search engines for information leakage. It is best used in
conjunction with SiteDigger for manual exploration of Search Engine
findings although it is a somewhat different animal.
Athena can be downloaded from the project home page at
http://www.buyukada.co.uk/projects/athena/
There is a mailing list accessible via
http://www.buyukada.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/athena-discuss
Athena 1.0 Features:

Multiple Search Engine Support (multiple Google types from a drop down
box, Yahoo support, extensible to other search engines)Logging of Athena-launched queries (but not IE follow-up traffic
:P)
Easy to use (Successfully tested on the IT Illiterate)
Completely manual (No automation)

Todo:

Athena logging on/off toggle
Bugfixes... many bugfixes...

Credit where Credit's due:
Athena wouldn't exist without Foundstone's SiteDigger - it'd be called
GoogleHack and would be sitting quietly in a folder on my workstation, so
mad propz to those guys. Also greets to Jamaica Dave, Muaddib and the
Unabomber for being good test subjects, and of course the guys at
johnny.ihackstuff.com - without whom none of this would probably have
happened.
This has been a buyukada.co.uk production. It's ok, I'm a friend of Dave's.