WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: ASP security in HTML pages

From: "Dinis Cruz" <dinis () ddplus net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:50:43 +0100

It wasn't misconfiguration since the Website was working perfectly before
that (for several months).

My opinion (since FastHosts didn't give me access to the logs) is that the
.Net framework somehow got corrupted.

Comments from FastHost's support staff (in March 2004):

"...The .Net Framework appeared to have become corrupted on the domain,
after reinstalling the framework via the control panel, this resolved the
issue. We can't guarantee this won't happen again and sadly it's not
possible for me to find out the exact reason as to why this occured, however
this is a very rare occurance and it is extremely unlikely the issue will
reoccur..."

And

"... Personally, I have only seen this issue occur once in the past 8
months. In what respect do you require logs? You can see the standard
logfiles for your site within the 'logfiles' folder on the domain's FTP,
however no other logs are available. ..."

I haven't had time to further investigate this since it would be very useful
to understand the cause of the problem (although FastHosts have already seen
this problem at least twice).

Dinis