WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Administrivia : Spam etc

From: "Mark Curphey" <mark () curphey com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:50:15 -0400

Wow, spam stirs up quite a bit of passion. I have had a flurry of emails
that range from "you should kill anyone with an out office" to "I think
that's wrong, out of office messages are essential".

Last time I checked we had about 10,000 subscribers to the list so I think
its just unrealistic to expect to have a "100% clean" list but I also think
we clearly need to ensure the problem doesn't get out of hand.

Let me do some thinking about it over the next week or so and incorporate
your comments and ideas into a revised list charter I started working on.

Please send me your ideas off the list for now and I will make sure we come
up with a workable solution for all.

A few people have also asked if we can have discussions about commercial
tools and similar topics. As I am sure you know it almost exclusively turns
into a marketing war but with such demand I would like to explore a way to
discuss these topics in a structured and fair way. Maybe a time limited
discussion etc. Again any thoughts on how to do that and / or other topics
you would like to see included here can be sent to me offline for inclusion.

Mark