WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Administrivia

From: "Mark Curphey" <mark () curphey com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 08:08:43 -0400

Just a note about list etiquette.

This list is obviously open to freely discuss anything within the charter
and that is *relevant* to web application security. However you must respect
the fact that a wide variety (skills, motivations, cultures) of people
subscribe and the list is public. That means that if you are criticizing an
opinion or want to point out something that could in any way even be
construed as personal, please take it off list. The last thing we want here
is personal politics and petty email fights.

Last week someone sent me an off list e-mail saying "What are you smoking?"
I told that person hat some big names in software responded to me privately
with positive comments but that's aside). If it had been sent to the list it
wouldn't have been appropriate and wouldn't have been let through.

Last week I was going to and fro with a poster who wants to make remarks
about WASC (and to a lesser extent OWASP). The content is definitely
relevant and has a lot of merit, but the original posts were personal,
overly sarcastic and just not appropriate for a public list.

Please take a little time to think how you would react to your words before
sending them. If in doubt mail me to discuss.

Cheers,

Mark