WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Recent App Test

From: "Adam Tuliper" <amt () gecko-software com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:27:29 -0400

Why wouldn't this just be a redirect performed from the
webpage. redirect always occur through the client browser,
hence this would explain the behavior. Microsoft has a url
format you can do the exact same thing with on their site..
someone was sending around a "funny" link that looked like
ms's site, and the url was formed in a similiar fashion. So
you clicked on a url to ms's site and were brought to a
page seemingly from microsoft touting mozilla.

On 18 Aug 2004 08:04:44 -0000