WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations for web app test?

From: Stephen de Vries <stephen () corsaire com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:21:43 +0100

Hi,

Corsaire have produced a guide to answer exactly these questions! See: http://www.application-testing.com/

Regards,
Stephen

On 21 Oct 2004, at 06:40, App Crawler wrote:

Well, we've decided that everything in our environment is pretty secure, except for our web applications. So, now we need to outsource the security assessment of our web applications. So, my question is, what should I be looking for? What should the auditors be looking for? How will I know that they are testing for what I need them to test for? What is a good price range, based on one e-commerce application, one employee intranet application, and one customer portal application? Should it be based on the number of forms? Or some other metric? Please advise?!?! Thanks.

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx

 CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
 confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) only.
 Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
 any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
 other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have
 received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately
 and destroy the material whether stored on a computer or otherwise.
 DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are
 solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
 of Corsaire Limited, unless otherwise specifically stated.