WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Of the three expensive vulnerability scanners

From: "Michael Silk" <michaels () phg com au>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:00:41 +1100

Hi Jeff,

        Surely though a package that looks for specific use of a library
could be better implemented with a simple question: Did you use
"User.IsInDomain(...) to authenticate..." (whatever the function is
called) ... ?

         I mean, this is something that at least _one_ of the developers
would _know_ ... Rather then an over-sight that they made ... ?

        Further (if I understand you right ...) it wouldn't catch people
using "custom" systems of authentication and not ones in-built in the
language (like I do ...).

-- Michael