WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Solutions to phishing and to site spoofing

From: Michael Silk <michaelsilk () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:08:52 +1100

Hi Amir,

        I read paper (btw: did anyone else find the text was overlapping in
some places ?) but I had a bit of difficulty understand exactly what
TrustBar does.

        Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it simply make the "Secure"
indicators of a site more obvious? And provide a way to put a logo
outside the web page?

        If so, it seems to be the same old story of education when
implementing it ... i.e. that users need to be educated to care enough
to look at it and consider it before typing in a password.

        Again, correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it also display "WARNING:
THIS PAGE IS NOT PROTECTED" for every single non-ssl site? This, IMO,
would make that warning almost useless as users would learn to ignore
it.

-- Michael