WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Obfuscation of JSPs?

From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli () inbox ru>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:00:08 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Dean Saxe wrote:

I'm currently working on a project to do code obfuscation for a J2EE
application.  We've already identified DashO Pro to obfuscate class files,
but I have been unable to find any similar technologies to apply to JSPs.
My research has been a bust so far!

What, if anything, are people using to obfuscate JSPs?

Never tried this myself so this is just a guess: Since usually JSP is implicitly
translated into Java code and compiled to .class, you can try to obfuscate
resulting classes. I don't sure how portable are generated files but if they use
only Servlet API the chances are high that they are.

--
Regards,
ASK