WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: RSS Feed List

From: "saphyr" <saphyr () infomaniak ch>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 22:56:18 +0200

http://www.sharpreader.net/ is ok for me
Regards
Jason

www.feedreader.com

I use sharpreader. I also tested feedreader and omea feed readers and
here is what I got:

 : feedreader is fast, small, clean and effective for users only using feeds
systems to centralize their monitored sites. Unfortunately, feedreader does
not provide thread view, full OPML compliant parser (folders not correctly
imported) and multi-level item flagging.

Those features are a must-have if feed readers are not only used for
monitoring but also for archive purpose, where some feeds must be
set into separated categories.

:omea feed reader is the big thing. hudge memory print, many many many
features from A to Z  BUT: only one-level flagging. I need more. For anything
else, omea is far more advanced than the other feed readers.

Omea also more competent at detecting unread feeds and modified feeds.

:sharpreader. I find a little buggy. Less user-friendly. sharpreader does not
provide as many features as omea BUT:
    - 9 level flag system
    - very very nice alert system (little popup appears on lower corner
        and disapears by itself)

Another thing: sharpreader often tends to reconsider feeds as unread
although they were read some minutes ago. I hate that. But those three
previously listed features really make the difference for me.

Why are flags so important for me ?

    - level 1: When I need to monitor the comments , an interresting question
    was asked
    - level 2: Feeds I ve participated in the comments and need to check if
    I got answers
    - levels 3 to 6: Providing some critical information which might be usefull one
    day in 3) security 4) development 5) methods 6) other things
    - level 7 to 9: related to my friends and other private stuff

my 2 swiss francs ; )

.antoine

http://www.nxtg.net/saphyr/  (blog perso)
http://www.nxtg.net/is/ (blog - fr - communication web)