WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Software security specifications

From: Angelo Perniola <perniola () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:31:53 +0100

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:17:01 +0100, i.matilde () gmail com
<i.matilde () gmail com> wrote:
I need to develop a policy that will list security requirements for
new applications developed internally or by contractors, general
specifications like validate input ecc...., I am looking for some good
resources on the subject, any recommendations?

Hello list members,

I find the topic very interesting as I am working on it right now,
focusing on web applications development.

As a starting point I've found very useful insights from the OWASP
guide (http://www.owasp.org/documentation/guide.html) and from one
book available on MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/ThreatCounter.asp).
Of course, the usual secure programming resources (Wheeler, etc.) are
helpful too.

HTH,
ang