WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: eBanking Security Testing (network and application) Methodology Released

From: Yuri Demchenko <demch () chello nl>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:39:54 +0100

cbc wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Be careful on the whitepapers in this website. They
> are from specific vendors and not from third
> independant party. The words they used are skewed
> towards the spec of their product. Be intelligent
> folks!!

In contrary, I would say rather few good words in address of this whitepaper together with some remarks.

Actually it's a good overview of some tools and techniques for general network diagnostics that can be used for security testing and post-incident investigation for application specific _network_ infrastructure.

IMHO, the paper should be structured in another way to become more specific for ebanking whatever is understood under this term.

Checking picture links at http://www.ebankingsecurity.com/testing9.asp and other pages would be useful.

Regards,

Yuri

peter () ebankingsecurity com wrote:

Hello

A new ebanking security testing methodology has been released on www.ebankingsecurity.com which covers both applications and generic networks. This work focuses on practical security testing approaches, and is different from other work in that it covers:

1. Basic Penetration Testing - the usual stuff here, pretty basic and entry level
2. Advanced Penetration Testing - this section goes into detail of advanced TCP/IP protocol and application level attacks, as well as having a ICMP security attacks section. 3. Web Application Testing - some useful stuff here, pretty basic I would say for most the list.

Above all the content is practical and relevant to todays ebanking and generic e-
transactions network.

There is an option on the site to download this as a PDF. All comments and feedback are welcome.
Peter Robinson