WebApp Sec mailing list archives

as security pro's, how do you use the web now?

From: Daniel <deeper () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:05:22 +0000

With more of my purchases being made on the web today, i'm always
concerned that the site I'm using is making use of decent security
standards.

Last night i was purchasing some art on line and when it came to the
payment section, the whole thing was iffy and didn't seem right. Even
on the most basic input field, there was no validation being performed
(yes i added a back tick, and even though some might find this wrong,
i would like to know that my banking details are being handled in
accordance with UK data protection laws)

I didn't go any further and decided to phone in my order via the phone.

Does anyone else do this?
I know that it opens up a whole can of worms regarding acceptable
usage of the site, and it would be interesting to see what other
people think.

Daniel