WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Should login pages be protected by SSL?

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:21:51 -0700

open-source research project, we develop TrustBar, currently for FireFox
and soon also for IE; I'll appreciate your opinion. Download at
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=478.

I use Trustbar on my win and linux box. it is a nice a little utility.
But it does NOT provide any greater functionality that the little
"lock" icon that comes with mozilla by default. I am not really
interested in who signed the website's certficate. I am more concerend
with where the website is hosted and who owns the IP netblock.

--
In Peace,
Saqib Ali