WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Firefox extensions for fighting phishing

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:13:22 -0700

On 7/20/05, Scott Hamm <linuxgold () gmail com> wrote:
Is it entirely possible if Netcraft would detect the frameset configurations
on web site and warn to say that "This site contains frameset which could
contain..."  only as a fair warning that it validated the original web site

I am sure a toolbar can be  created that parses the HTML to figure out
where the frames are coming from. But I would have serious
privacy/security concerns with that. I wouldn't want to install a
plugin, that parse the HTML content, to get the URLs (for frameset)
and send it to a 3rd party server (borg cube) for verification. This
is especially worse, if the cotent is from a SSL enabled site. The way
that netcraft toolbar currently works, does not require parsing of the
content of the page, or sending anything from that page to the
netcraft verfication server.

--
In Peace,
Saqib Ali