WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Press Release: OWASP Offers Free Web Application Security Book and Announces Membership Plan

From: "Jeff Williams" <jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:09:09 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OWASP Offers Free Web Application Security Book and Announces Membership Plan

July 26, 2005 (Washington D.C.)

The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) has released a free open-source web application security book, "The OWASP Guide to Securing Web Applications and Services 2.0." Software developers, project managers, and security professionals need this information to produce secure web applications.

After three years of community development, this is a major new release, with detailed coverage of secure software design, performing security reviews, handling credit cards, defeating phishing, securing web services, and much more. The book is platform independent and includes examples in Java, .NET, and PHP. All of the materials at OWASP are free and open-source. The 277 page book can be downloaded in both PDF and Word formats from the OWASP website at http://www.owasp.org.

OWASP also announced a membership program. "We strongly encourage organizations using our materials to support us financially by becoming an OWASP Member", says OWASP Chair Jeff Williams. "OWASP is a fantastic source of unbiased application security information. We need your support to continue producing great materials like the Guide."

OWASP is a 501c3 not-for-profit foundation dedicated to finding and fighting the causes of insecure software. Our materials are the defacto standard for application security worldwide and used in broad range of industries. OWASP has dozens of projects, over 50 chapters around the world, thousands of participants, and millions of hits every month. For further information, see our website at http://www.owasp.org.

Contact:
 Jeff Williams, OWASP Chair
 jeff.williams () owasp org

###