WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: bad url fragment

From: Sanjay Rawat <sanjayr () intoto com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:58:59 +0530

At 08:15 PM 8/3/2005, development () crm20 com wrote:
Hi,

I have a little list of url fragments that should not normally be accessed on the web server and are not in use, I have a mechanism in place that can block the ip requesting the url with a fragment from the list.

Could someone help me with possibly removing some of the entries that might cause a legitimate request to trigger the block.

If possible, please help me improve the list, is there any resource out there where such lists are posted?

here it is:

my suggestion is:

% (remove)
..
./
.asa
.asax
.ascx
.bat
.cdx
.cer (remove)
.cgi (remove)
.cmd
.config
.csproj
.dat
.dll
.exe (remove)
.htr
.htw
.ida
.idc
.idq
.inc
.ini
.jsp
.licx
.log (remove)
.pdb
.pl (remove, its for Poland!!!!)
.pol
.printer
.resources
.resx
.stm
.vb
.vbproj
.vbs
.vsdisco
.webinfo
.wsh
.xsd
.xsx
/_vti_bin/
/admentor/
/Admin.dll
/ash
/autoexec
/bash
/bigipgui
/bin/
/c32web.exe
/cachemgr
/campas
/cgi/
/cgiemail/
/cgiscso/
/cmd
/command.com
/common/
/config/
/copy/
/counter/
/csh
/default.ida
/del
/dir
/echo
/etc
/exchange
/exec
/finger
/format
/formmail
/ftp
/get32.exe
/global.asa
/gwweb.exe
/home
/html
/http
/iisadmpwd
/iissamples
/iisstart.asp
/index.cfm
/ksh
/modules.php
/msadc
/mysql.class
/ncbook
/nessus.htr
/newuser
/ntselementary.adp
/nuke
/passwd
/ping.exe
/piranha
/pixfir~1
/puttest1.html
/query
/rename
/root.exe
/roots
/rtm.log
/sendmail
/servlet
/shtml.dll
/sites
/sqlqhit
/ssi
/status
/tcsh
/tftp
/usage
/webalizer
/webcart
/WINNT/
/wwwboard
_mem_bin
404.html
404.php
admin.dll
awstats.pl.configdir
cachefsd
cgi-bin
cmd.exe
COPY (remove) *
database (remove) *
default.ida
DELETE
Fpexedll.dll
LOCK
MKCOL
MOVE (remove)*
msadc
MSADC
OPTIONS
PROPFIND
PROPPATCH
PUT
root.exe
scripts (remove)*
Shtml.dll
UNLOCK
vt_

*--should be in some combination

Sanjay Rawat
Senior Software Engineer
INTOTO Software (India) Private Limited
Uma Plaza, Above HSBC Bank, Nagarjuna Hills
PunjaGutta,Hyderabad 500082 | India
Office: + 91 40 23358927/28 Extn 423
Website : www.intoto.com
  Homepage: http://sanjay-rawat.tripod.com