WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Double Slashes

From: "Andres Molinetti" <andymolinetti () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 15:56:13 +0000

I'm testing a client's application.
And it seems to do some operations based on the .asp URI received.
But it seems to need a "//", not just an "/" and IIS doesn't let it go through.

From: Jeff Robertson <Jeff.Robertson () DigitalInsight com>
To: 'Andres Molinetti' <andymolinetti () hotmail com>, Auri () auri net, pen-test () securityfocus com
CC: webappsec () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: Double Slashes
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:22:39 -0400

Might I ask why this application needs to use such URLs? I'm trying to guess
what purpose this could serve and coming up blank.