WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: web application audit ideas needed

From: "Yanglei" <lenyang () 263 net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:50:55 +0800

mod-security is opensouce web application ips, you can learn more from http://www.modsecurity.org/ .
In modsecurity website, it is said that is web application firewall, but i don't think so. mod-security is a web ips,
or you can call that web filter, but not a web application firewall becouse it is not support application-level
stateful check. like imperva 's product can be call a web application.