WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Citi-Bank Virtual Keyboard (is useless)

From: Bipin Gautam <gautam.bipin () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:18:31 +0545

If something has already 0wn3d your box... isn't that pointless to try
a solution & think it will 'hopefully' fool it? what are the
chances???

 I think its there to just win confidence of customers by showing fake
stuffs. If a computer security newbies find some sify fancy buttons,
dialog box & procedures he will mostlikely find it cool & assume it
should be trustworthy. I see it just as a stupid distraction to
promote users.

On 14 Aug 2005 02:53:35 -0000, mike () securityfocus com