WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: OWASP Top Ten - The certification and blame problem

From: Matteo Meucci <matteo.meucci () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:50:30 +0200

Hi all,
I think the OWASP Top10 is only a document illustrating the top 10
WebApp Vulnerabilities and a set of countermeasures you can adopt.
It's just a "starter doc":
you can follow the OWASP Top10 countermeasures, but this does not mean
that you have developed "secure" web application.

In other words OWASP Top10 cannot be a standard since it does not
cover the "secure" web app developing process as a whole.
In my opinion only If we can develop a complete OWASP methology and
best practices for "secure" webapp development (based on OWASP Guide,
Checklist...) we can drive the road of standardization.

Mat