WebApp Sec mailing list archives

GPL version of WiKID Strong Authentication released

From: Nick Owen <nowen () wikidsystems com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:46:49 -0400

WiKID is pleased to announce that we've released an open source version
of WiKID. We've been working on this for the last few months.  We needed
to replace the Ntru encryption packages we use with open source 1024-bit
RSA encryption and we needed remove the proprietary Radius server we had
embedded into the WiKID server.

Here is what we have released:

The WiKID Strong Authentication OSS server
A J2SE WiKID token client
Initial validation  scripts (ASP) for automating new user additions
The windows dll network client component
The java network client component
Example jsp script for use writing your own WiKID protected jsp pages
TACACS+ and Openldap network clients - with more on the way

The WiKID Strong Authentication Systems is a robust, flexible, scalable
and secure two-factor authentication platform.  Features include:

Easy to use web-based management
Replication for fault-tolerance
Highly scalable architecture
Each server supports multiple security domains pointed at difference
network resources
Each client supports of multiple domains - across multiple servers
Each user can have multiple clients in different locations
Configure passcode lifetime, PIN length, max bad PIN attempts and max
bad passcode attempts by domain
Automated user validation based on existing trusted credentials
No hardware token required; can be run from a USB token
Easier to use and more extensible than, yet as secure as a key fob token
More secure and easier to implement than client certificates
Extensible across multiple enterprises
Perfect for web-based applications, remote access and non-employee
strong authentication
Open source, with commercial support available.

We have set up http://www.wikidsystems.net as our open source home page
and https://sourceforge.net/projects/wikid-twofactor/ is the sourceforge
project page as well.  If you manage multiple servers in multiple
locations and use the same passwords for all of them, you should really
check out WiKID.  Feedback and contributions very much appreciated.

Nick

--

Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.