WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Combatting automated download of dynamic websites?

From: Eoin Keary <eoinkeary () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:59:01 +0000

Hi,
As mentioned before,

Keep the pages visited in session with a time stamp.

If pages are skipped or being requested too fast or violating "normal
user" speeds then kill the session.

Upon each HTTP request check session for authentication,
authorization, history and time of last request. If any are incorrect
kill session.

This shall take a little coding and needs to be in a central location
to service all HTTP requests for the resource being throttled.

Eoin (OWASP Ireland)