WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Chroot jails

From: JamesHorwath () glic com
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:29:04 -0400

Steve,

Use mod_security by Ivan Ristic, you can setup a chroot jail painlessly in
minutes.  On the small implementations I used momd_security I didn't find
it any harder to manage.

Regards,
Jim

Jim Horwath
SANS Certified: GCUX, GCIH, GHTQ
Unix Admin

<Steve.Cummings () barclayscapital com> wrote on 09/20/2005 12:21:02 PM:

Hi All

Wondered if people could give me their opinions on chroot jails on
solaris and linux, am interested in both manageability but more
interested in whether anyone has broken out of one

Regards

Steve

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are

Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that
is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If
immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.