WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Almost Here!!: 2nd US OWASP AppSec Conference - Oct 11-12 - Near DC

From: "Dave Wichers" <conferences () owasp org>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:22:27 -0400

Registration for the OWASP conference ends on Oct 10th (two weeks from today)!

The conference has grown this year to include two seperate tracks with lots of great stuff for the application security practitioner. Full details on the conference and registration info are available at: http://www.owasp.org/conferences/appsec2005dc.html

2ND NOTICE: NIST says that there will be NO ONSITE REGISTRATION. Thus, you must register for the conference by Oct 10th via the website. We must provide a list of registrants to the Guards at NIST so they can let you in to their campus.

Also, the training class on Oct 10, the day before the conference, has filled but we decided to open up a second class, and now that class is almost full too. Please register for this class early to ensure your seat is reserved.

Registration info from previous announcements repeated below:

REGISTRATION DETAILS: As a non-profit charitable organization, and with NIST's sponsorship, OWASP has been able to keep the cost to $350 per seat. The cost to government employees is only $300.

Registration information is available at:
http://www.owasp.org/docroot/owasp/Registration/index.jsp

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TICKETS ARE NON REFUNDABLE TO REDUCE ADMINISTRATION
COSTS

FOUNDATIONS OF APPLICATION SECURITY COURSE - Oct 10: OWASP has arranged to
have a one-day hands on Web Application Security training course the day
prior to the conference. This one day class will be held at the nearby
Holiday Inn and is only $600 for conference attendees. Registration for this
course can be done via the conference registration page.

More details on this training course is available at:
http://www.owasp.org/conferences/appsec2005dc/training.html

EVENING SOCIAL EVENT - Oct 11: An optional dinner event is being held at the
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, which is the same location where the training is
to be held on the 10th, and where discounted rooms are being made available
to all conference attendees (see Accommodations below).

This event involves a dinner at the hotel from 7-9 PM, followed by drinks at
O'Malley's Irish Pub right in the hotel or out by the hotel's indoor pool
adjacent to the pub. We hope to see all of you there as this is a great
chance to mingle and meet many members of the OWASP community.

Please contact me with any questions. Looking forward to seeing you all
there!

Thanks, Dave

Dave Wichers, OWASP Conferences Chair
The OWASP Foundation